- 100 g mimosa pompoms
- 2 liters of water
- 2 kg cane sugar
- 20 to 30 g pectin
- 2 lemons
[Credit alchemybaking blogspot.com]
- Let the 100 g pompoms of freshly cut mimosa branches soak in 2 liters of boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Filter the infusion obtained (better with a cloth).
- Place the infusion and pectin (mix with a little sugar beforehand) in a large saucepan.
- When the water starts boiling, let it boil for another 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and the juice of 2 lemons.
- Once the mixture starts to cook, continue cooking for about 25 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the zests.
- Put the jelly in previously cooked glasses.
- Leave the jars upside down until the jelly is cold.