At the invitation of his Greek-born publisher Tériade, the artist undertook two trips to Greece in 1952 and again in 1954, from which several projects resulted. Inspired by reading Daphnis et Chloé by Longus and Homer's Odyssey, Chagall's works took various forms.
From illustrated books to a monumental mosaic for the Faculty of Law of Nice, by way of the sets and costumes for the Daphnis et Chloé ballet for the Paris Opera, the master from Vence navigated and appropriated these classics of Mediterranean culture, the exhibition of which is an opportunity to offer a renewed perspective.
Anne Dopffer, Head of national Museums of XXth century of the Alpes-Maritimes
Jean-Baptiste Delorme, heritage curator of Marc Chagall national Museum
CONCERT - HAYDN, NOVÁK, DVOŘÁK
Monday, 09 December 2019
With Vera Novakova: Violin - Zela Terry: Cello - Maki Miura-Belkin: Piano - Nice Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Joseph Haydn: Piano Trio No. 39, Hob. XV.25, Gypsy
- Vítězslav Novák: Trio for piano, violin, cello n ° 2 in D minor Almost a ballad, opus 27
- Antonín Dvořák: Trio for piano, violin and cello n ° 1 in B flat major, opus 21
CONCERT - SCHUBERT, SCHUMANN
Monday, January 06, 2020
Nice Philharmonic Orchestra
- Franz Schubert: Sonata in A minor, D. 821, Arpeggione
- Robert Schumann: Fairytale, opus 113. With Alto Magali Prévot - Piano Anthony Ballantyne.
Chagall Museum Nice
November 16th 2019 - April 27th 2020
36 Av Docteur Ménard- (Angle bd de Cimiez) - 06000 NICE
Tel : +33(0)4 93 53 87 20
Site : http://www.musees-nationaux-alpesmaritimes.fr