A simple dish to prepare, a tasty recipe perfect for a picnic, asparagus frittata has numerous beneficial properties too due to the presence of asparagus, rich in vitamins and known for their purifying and diuretic properties.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400 grams of asparagus
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 handful of parsley
- Salt, pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash the asparagus, cut the lower end, the harder one. Separate the tips from the stalks, as they have a longer cooking time.
2. Fill a pot of water, put on the heat and add the asparagus stalks when it starts to boil. After about 10 minutes, add the tips and cook until both are soft. Drain and let cool.
3. In a large bowl break the eggs, beat them well, add two pinches of salt, a pinch of pepper, asparagus cut into pieces, grated cheese and chopped parsley. Mix well.
4. Pour a little oil in a pan, heat well and pour the egg mixture with asparagus. Cover, reduce heat and cook. With the help of a plate or a lid, turn the frittata and cook also on the other side until the surface is golden brown. Transfer on a platter and serve hot or cold at your Easter Monday picnic.